People learn in many different ways. Some people learn by reading, some people learn by watching others. Other people learn by writing. Still other people learn by doing something. Personally, I always learn best when I explain what I learn to someone else. If I can explain it to someone else I know that I own the information and therefore I have learned it. Maybe, that is why I am a teacher because I learn best by teaching.
Take some time and think about how you learn. What has been helpful? What has helped you make progress towards your learning goals? This can apply to anything kind of learning not just English.
I learn best by sight. For example, I remember when I was in high school, I learned biology by performing experiments. That is to say I went to the laboratory and the teacher demonstrated the function of the heart by projecting an image onto the screen. After many years I still remember that explanation.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, the best way is apply what we learn every day. We are always learning something, but if we do not apply, we will forget. The practice makes natural things in our lives. For example, we are learning English, so we need to talk in English as much as possible.
ReplyDelete