Friday, March 2, 2012

video-games?

This might sound silly, but something that helped me to learn a lot of new words or vocabulary was playing video-games, because sometimes when i am playing, I can find a lot of words that I do not know and almost the majority of the times when I find a new word the same video-game explains the meaning of the word. For example, when I was a kid I used to play a lot a game called Pokemon. In this game you have some kind of creatures that fight each other and this creatures have some kind of attacks called "moves". These moves taught me a lot of new words, such as roar, endure, swift and faint. Also I learned the name of a large sum of animals and insect like grubs, beetle, sloth and raccoon. In conclusion, to me playing video-games is a very good and funny way to learn vocabulary and I will keep playing just to entertain myself and learn more.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting way of learning. I think I'll try that.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this! It is really useful sometime. People use swear words sometimes but when I look for the word, I got a lot of words. Also, it stay for a long time in my brain because I memorize with situation and image.

    ReplyDelete