Monday, February 13, 2012

Writing Strategies

It has been said that practice makes perfect.  In other words if you do something a lot you will become better at it.  Writing is one of those things that we have to do a lot in order to get better at it.  There are specific strategies that help.  I have been doing a lot of writing lately as I work on my master's project.  One thing I have found helps me is to print off a copy of the pages I am working on and use a pen and highlighter to fix mistakes and improve my organization.  For me it is so much easier to make changes on paper than to revise on the computer.  Think about the strategies you use to help you become a better writer.  It could be something you do before, during or after writing. It could be something you learned to do in a class here at the ELC or before you came to the ELC.  (Make sure your name shows on your post - if at the bottom it says unknown I cannot give you points.)

2 comments:

  1. Writing is learned more using paper and pencil to write directly on the computer, I try to make my paragraphs and essays with paper and pencil and using less computer keyboard, the great painters and writers had no computer, The best way to improve our writing is best done manually. (Yolanda)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that practice is one of the best strategies. In Reading class we are learning about animals, and one way that they learn is TRIAL AND ERROR and a like this strategy.

    ReplyDelete